Hello you crazy runners,
There was a great turn out for the finish line practise on Tuesday our thanks to everyone that turned up (bets are being made on when Crazy Chris will finally lose the plot and start wearing flippers and a snorkel). A great effort to all those runners at the Berko half, congratulations to Daniel Green for a new PB and a special mention for Eilish Roberts who popped across to Anglesey for a quick half and showed the locals a splash of true Fun running enthusiasm and another PB.
Good luck everyone taking part in the festival of running at the weekend, we want photos, funny stories and lots of new PBs to celebrate.
Runs this week:
- Sat 7th: MK Park run. For all those not running silly marathon distances don't forget to be at Willen lake 9:00 in club colours for our monthly Park run visit.
- Tue 10th: Vicious Verity's routes. Please ensure you study or bring a copy of the route description as this a fun but complex route. Headtorches and Hi-Viz strongly recommended.
- Thur 12th: The highly effective Speed and Stamina training. Meet 7:15 at the club house.
- 10K Update: The race is rapidly filling up and it looks likely we will meet our 250 runner target. There are still 8 Volunteer places to be filled so if you are free and can help then please let Tam Quinn know email@example.com.
- ROM: It’s that time of the month where ladies get stressy and men go quiet. Yes it’s Runner of the Month nomination time. If you want to tell the world about someone’s great running or fantastic clubman ship then please let Max firstname.lastname@example.org know. Please support your nomination with a few descriptive sentences.
- Leighton Runner: If you wish to create an event on the club FB page and invite all of the Club then please inbox Leighton Runner on FB and someone will post this for you. Presently the FB admin rules don’t allow non admin members to invite everyone when the membership is greater than 250.
- VLM bus: The VLM bus is now booked and Max is taking reservations. If you wish a space please contact Max and give her a cheque as soon as you can.
- VLM Marshals: The club has the opportunity to provide 20 VLM marshals. Please contact Laura Jackson if you wish a place. email@example.com.
- Silverstone Half Marathon Marshalling Opportunity - Sunday 15th March. Can you help please??(It'll make the VLM organisers love us even more if you can!)
We have been asked to provide 10 marshals to replace a team that has dropped out at the last minute. Marshals will receive an event jacket and lunch, and transport will be paid. I don't have the exact timings yet, but the marshal briefing will be approx 9.30am, and we can leave by 3pm. We need a quick response on this, so please join the facebook page or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are available. There is a cash payment to the club for this which we shall pass onto the volunteers.