Hello you crazy gang,
Another quiet unremarkable week and not much to mention with the exception perhaps for:
- John Kirwan completing the wooden spoon 4 peaks, 1 mountain in Scotland, England, Wales and Ireland (we might even see a pic of john smiling at the party afterwards)
- A new bucket of PBs at the 3rd Championship event (MK NSPCC half)
- Aylesbury/Buckingham/Bushy Park run
- Enigma double Marathon (Way to go Crazy Capt Claire)
- Mentmore roll in the mud on Tuesday
Will the fun ever ever end?
Runs this week:
- Sat: 10K social run from Ashridge Monument (HP4 1LX) 9:30
- Tues: 25 Mins out and back south in the Canal. Before the run the club will be presenting a big fat cheque to Keech Hospice (last year’s fund raising). Please turn up in your club colours for a photo opportunity. We shall naturally be using our contacts in Fleet street to get our pic in the Observer.
- Thurs: Weekly speed and Stamina.
Runner of the Month: Ladies and gentleman please join in rapturous applause for one of our favoured running buddies, a runner who is showing us the true meaning of dedication and focus. A runner who makes the tea when injured and looks good in a plastic bandage. Mr Neil Warby take a well deserved bow.
Please note that any club member can make a ROM nomination, just send your nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org by the first Wed of the month along with a paragraph supporting your nomination.
Dates for your Diary:
- July 20th:Fairlands Valley
- August 5th: LFR Invite evening from 3 locks. The club will be looking for volunteers to help lead the runners around Rushmere (please come forward and help us run a great event)
- 10th august: Next Championship Event, Bearbrook 10k
First Aid: I’m still looking for names to add to the club list of 1st Aiders, don’t be shy.