LFR 5K Santa Dash
Each year LFR organise the Santa Dash as part of the Christmas celebrations with the Town Council, usually the last Saturday in November. Why not join the fun for a festive 5k?
The route is well marshalled starting and finishing at the bandstand in Parson Park, Leighton Buzzard. All profits will be donated to Charity. The 2023 event is expected o raise £1000 for Leighton Linslade Helpers, but we are still counting.
Christmas Fancy dress is encouraged and Santa Suits may be purchased on the day
2024 Details to be updated nearer the time
Buy Tickets here:
Briefing and warm-up:
2023 Santa Dash Route
Our thanks to Leighton Linslade District Sports Council for their support
Safeguarding: All Children under 11 Years old must be accompanied by their parent/responsible adult at all times, who will also be required to pay the entry fee
Children: No children under 4 may run. Under 9’s to complete the 2k course. Under 11’s to complete the 3k course
Buggies: Adults may push young children in a buggy.
Dogs: Dogs are not permitted, with the exception of meeting the needs of a disabled participant
Medical: Participants run at their own risk and declare they are fit to run. Do not run if advised not to do so by a medical professional
Race Numbers: Race numbers must be collected on the day and carefully secured to the front of your top.
Warm Up: A warm-up will be held a few minutes before the start, please join it, its part of the fun!
Medal: Please remember to collect your commemorative medal awarded to all finishers
Photos: Photographers will be out on the course and photos may be used for promotional purposes
Drinks: Water will be available at the end of the race for participants
Course: The course map may be viewed here. (insert link) Please take care of kerbs, and crossing roads and follow the instructions of the marshals
Facilities: There are no changing facilities, the nearest public toilets are located at the multi-storey car park
Parking: There are no special parking arrangements. Please use public car parks.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and conditions
- All participants must be over 4 years old.
- Children under 11 must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times
- All participants must pay the appropriate entry fee and wear their designated number
- No refund can be given if the event has to be cancelled or postponed due to circumstances outside of the organiser's control
- Alcohol, tobacco, illegal substances, performance-enhancing substances or intoxicants of any kind are strictly forbidden
- Photographs will be taken of the event, please be aware event photographs may feature any participants or spectators and used for publicity purposes
- If a potential participant considers themselves to have a disability please contact the Event Director to discuss prior to entry.
- With exception of the needs of disabled participants no wheeled vehicles (Bikes, scooters, etc) or dogs are permitted without prior permission of the Race Director
- Participants agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions and any other rules instructions and regulations published and displayed by the Event Director, marshals, officials or police.
- The participant is required to advise of any known medical conditions or medication being taken upon registration and complete personal contact and health details on the back of the race number.
- The participant acknowledges and agrees (subject to clause 14) to:
- Fully indemnify and keep the Event Director fully indemnified from and against all liabilities claims actions, proceedings, loss, damage, costs or expenses suffered or incurred by the participant and
- Irrevocably indemnify and hold harmless and reimburse the Event Director from and for any sum, costs or expense incurred payable or paid by the Event Director to any person in connection with any accident, loss, damage or injury arising out of te Participants attendance at , participation in or training for, the Event
- Subject to clause 14, the Event Director shall not be responsible for any losses the Participant suffers as a result of the Event Directors breach unless such losses were reasonable foreseeable to both the Participant and Event Director as at the date of the Participants registration for the Event.
- Subject to clause 14, the Event Directors liability to the participant shall in any event be limited to the refund of the Entry Fee
- Nothing in the Terms and Conditions shall affect the Event Directors liability for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of the Event Director or a deliberate act or omission of the Event Director, its volunteers:
- For the breach of statutory duty
- For fraudulent misrepresentation
- To the extent that liability cannot be limited by law.